Life is starting to get back to normal, I don’t anticipate any more 12 hour work days, at least I hope not.
I was thinking this morning that I have been back in Colorado 1 year today. Time marches on so quickly as an adult, it’s hard to keep up sometimes. New location, new life? Not so much…
Lots of things are the same with just a couple of tweaks…
- I still hate to laundry and procrastinate doing it for as long as possible, but at least now it’s on the same floor as the bedroom and I do sneak in a load at night every now and then
- I still live less than 10 minutes from work, but now I take advantage of it and come home for lunch a few times a week.
- I still buy lots of groceries, but now I cook less…it’s the multitude of take-out options that’s so tempting
- I still spend lots of time surfing the net, but now I’ve made some friends and my scrapbooking is really developing in a more true expression of my style
- I still work for an organization that serves kiddos, but now I am learning how to balance work with the rest of my life and leave at 4:30 most days without feeling guily
- I still spend lots of time with my fur baby, just a different one
- I still shop to make myself feel better, no buts here unfortunately
The biggest difference is that I have a more positive outlook on life, I still get sad and scared that if I start crying I won’t be able to stop, but I do and I move on.