As I was packing my lunch today, I got excited because I had splurged on some yummy cheese. I thought ‘Supermarket Splurges’ would be a fun list for today, plus a helpful reminder that if I see more than one or two of these items in my cart, I’m in for an expensive trip. I’m pretty lucky to be close to 3 really good stores (Whole Paycheck, Wild Oats, and foo-foo Safeway) so it’s easy to get a little carried away at times.
1. Imported(don’t ask me where from) Havarti cheese with Caraway Seeds (lunch today with a bagel and #3)
2. Peanut butter filled pretzels (a special brand I can only find at Wild Oats or WP)
3. Mesquite smoked turkey from the deli counter
4. Jumbo Shrimp
5. ‘Fresh’ Pasta
6. Garlic cashews
7. PB and Chocolate Hagen Daaz
8. Fresh strawberries in winter
9. French Baguette
10. Hunter’something cheese’ don’t know why the name escapes me but it’s a layered cheese with a creamy sharp cheddar on top and bottom and a mellow blue in the middle.
What about you…would are your ‘supermarket splurges’?