On one of my late night blog surfing runs I came across a blog where a man was on a mission to take 100 pictures that would reflect the quintessential people and places of his town. (Santa Barbara, Ca I think.) I’ve been thinking about it for a few months and combined with overheard conversations about Denver celebrities and at least one person not knowing said celebrity, I think it’s time to start compiling a list of things/people/places one should know if living in the Denver Metro(yes even us suburbians) area. Clearly my list is biased to my experience, but anxious to see what others add. As with all Tuesday lists number does not necessarily denote ranking…
1. John Elway…until the Broncos win another superbowl and it could be a looooooong wait John will be at the top of the list for sports celebrities. He makes my list because he was really the only thing consistent in my childhood/early adult life. It didn’t matter whose house I was, Sundays meant the Broncos and John
2. Red Rocks…no better place in the country to see a live concert.
3. At least one current player or coach on every sports franchise. Take your pic,just know someone. My recommendations: Jay Cutler-Broncos, Allen Iverson-Nuggets, Joe Sakic–Avs, Clint Hurdle-Rockies Manager
4. City Park/Zoo/History Museum and the neighborhoods surrounding.
5. Botanic Gardens…I suppose you could loop this in with #4 but I was just there today and it was so beautiful it gets it’s own number
6. City/County Building Hall
7. Art Museum
8. Your closest light rail station
9. Brown Palace Hotel
10. Performing Arts Complex
Now it’s your turn…who, what, where would you add…