I was listening to the radio on the way to work a few days ago, I caught the tail end of the story about the worst song lyrics of all time. What’s a girl to do, research on the Internet of course. Here’s what I found from Spinner mag, and a few opinions of my own (imagine that)
1. “Lucky that my breasts.Are small and humble So you don’t confuse Them with mountains”
—Shakira’s ‘Whenever, Wherever’
3. “There were plants. And birds.And rocks.And things”–America’s ‘Horse With No Name’ too bad these guys didn’t have access to a random word generator back in the day.
4. “Coast to coast.L.A. to Chicago” –Sade’s ‘Smooth Operator’ oops looks like some one struggled with geography in school.
5. “Like a rock . Chargin‘ from the gate” –Bob Seger and Silver Bullet Band’s ‘Like a Rock’
6.“He was a boy. She was a girl.Can I make it.Any more obvious?” — Avril Lavigne’s S8tr Boy Gee, I don’t know COULD you?
7. “I am … I said, To no one there, And no one heard at all,Not even the chair” –Neil Diamond’s ‘I Am … I Said’ I for one am glad, the couch doesn’t listen
8. “If I was a sculptor,But then again, no” –Elton John’s ‘Your Song
I think this one is #1 on my list…it’s always made me crazy
9. “My panty line shows, Got a run in my hose,My hair went flat,Man, I hate that”
—Shania Twain’s ‘Honey I’m Home’ Yes, but must you share with all of us?
What would you add?