I have a little problem and I know some of you share the same, we just can’t say ‘No’ when faced with a problem or see something that needs to be done. In searching for something else in Internet land, I came across this list of ways to say No. I think I might need to laminate it and pull it out when needed.
1. I’m in the middle of several projects
2.I ‘m not comfortable with that.
3. I’m not taking on any new responsibilities (I don’t know about you, but this would not go over well at my work.)
4. I’m not the most qualified person for the job.
5. I hate to split my attention among projects
6. I have another commitment.
7. I need to focus more on my personal life. (while this may be true I can’t ever imagine using this one)
8. I need to focus on my career right now.
9. I would rather decline than do a mediocre job.
You can see more of the list, and get other helpful organizing tips here.