Happy Halloween from people who have way to much time on their hands…
Monthly Archives: October 2008
Does pear ice cream count as a fruit?
So, I’ve sorted through my 200 or so photos from the 4 days in NYC and tried to pick my top 10 to share here.
1. The Chrysler Building
2. 6th Ave. by Rockefeller Center, love the vibrancy of the traffic and thankful I don’t have to drive in it.
3. Looking up at the Empire State Building from Bryant Park
4. The heart of the Garment District
5. Radio City at night
6. Central Park and midtown skyline from the roof of the Metro. Museum of Art
7. Jeff Koons’ ‘Balloon Dog’ also on the roof of the Met.
8. Taxis lined up on 5th Ave.
9. Central Park
10. Times Square
I made it home safely from a great trip in NYC, many photos and ephemera to sort through before a post or two about the trip.
Unfortunately, somewhere between Central Park on Thursday afternoon and my own comfy bed that night I picked up a flu bug that took me out for a couple of days, I’m just starting to feel like myself after lots of extra sleep.
I woke up this morning feeling crafty and decided to get to work on my frenzy projects.
Here’s a sneak peek at a couple of my cards…I forgot how pretty this Quickutz snowflake is…made even better by glitter (then again what’s not made better by glitter?) This card came together pretty quickly. The next one, not so much…
Hope to see you at the frenzy! Check out the Scrapbook Destination Blog for more info and my sketch for this week — I cheated just a bit and did a card sketch.
fumble much? enough about them…
I confess, I didn’t really get out of my sweats/pajamas all day. Something about the foggy weather and canceled pumpkin patch plans took any momentum for life outside of the condo today.
I did take the opportunity to finish a couple of crafty projects. I’d been working on this little hat for Sienna for most of the week and put the finishing touches this am, hopefully we’ll find a pumpkin patch when we get back from NYC so I can take some photos of her in it.Then I spent some quality time in my scrap space. The fall paper from Crate Paper finally made it to the store and I couldn’t walk away from it yesterday. I challenged myself to see how many of the papers(cardstock not included) I could get on one layout. Care to take a guess?
If you guessed 5, congratulations! I don’t usually spend a lot of time on the small details, but something about this paper just screamed ‘fussy cut me’ and you have to listen when the paper talks. Clearly, I should have spent a little more time gluing on the ‘o’.
I decided to tag along with Shelley on a business trip to NYC in a couple of weeks. Here’s what’s on the agenda so far
1. Sleep in…hooray for comfy hotel beds
2. Visit the MET
3. Visit the museum at FIT
4. Visit the MOMA
5. Drool over lenses in person at B&H Photo
6. Take the Sex and The City tour (cheesy I know)
7. Take in a Broadway musical
8. Enjoy the fall colors in Central Park
9. Window shop in the High End shops on 5th Ave.
10. Get lost in Macys
Any tips for a fall trip?