I have a couple of favorite lines, but ‘our booze cruise has hit an iceberg’ is resonating on this early Saturday morning.
Monthly Archives: February 2009
It’s been a while since I’ve shared some cards with the beautiful bellas, didn’t want you to think I’d abandoned them for ‘younger models’. A challenge is held on the Bella Blog every Friday, hello intimidation! it will be a while before I share there.
For now, I’ll just share here
Patterned Paper: Making Memories
Extras: Glitter, Scalloped scissors, glossy accents
I made this one with some BG scraps from a layout I’ll share at some point. Sorry for blurry pic
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey Porcelain, I even paper pieced her top with this paper and then went over it with a Spica glitter pen
Cardstock: PTI Vintage Cream
Welcome to the weekend
gotta love Louis CK
I’ve had this one sitting in a stack to share for a while now…I think this layout may hold my record for the longest time to come together. I started the frames around New Year’s and they sat until a couple of weeks ago when I put the rest of the pieces together. And looking at it here, I’m still not sure I’m happy with it, it is what it is at least until the next inspiration strikes…
October Afternoon Patterned Paper
Scenic Route Chipboard frames, label stickers
American Crafts Ribbon and Alphabets
A colleague brought this great list to me today and I just couldn’t keep it to myself, quick no go get your child’s last report card and hopefully none of these things are on there, but…
If the comment says…
- Shows difficulty in distinguishing between imaginary and factual material…means Your child is a liar.
- Has difficulty with motor control and coordination…means Your child is a klutz
- Accomplishes task when interest in constantly prodded…means Your child needs nagging
- Results to physical means of winning his or her point or attracting attention…Your child fights
- Needs guidance in development of good hygiene habits…Your child smells bad
- Needs help in learning to respect the property rights on others…Your child steals
- Needs guidance in learning to express self respectfully…Your child is a smartass
- Requires ongoing supervision in order to work well…Your child is lazy
- Has qualities of leadership but needs to use them more constructively…Your child is a bully
The only reason for being alive is being fully alive.
– D.H. Lawrence
This is another page I finished this weekend with new papers from SEI, I loved the purples, greens and aquas in this line, so invigorating...if a scrapbook paper can be invigorating.
As I’ve said before, I love that I have smart friends who come up with crazy challenges to stretch us all creatively. This week’s journaler’s challenge was to journal with a diamante poem. If you already know what this is and you’re not part of the challenge then you’re a few steps ahead of me. Thankfully the internet comes to the rescue again.
I broke a few of the rules…go figure…but I’m happy with the result
A special poem about Sienna.
smiling, laughing, chatting
baby girl casts spells
walking, playing, amusing
Patterned Paper: SEI Bridgeport
Alphas: Quickutz Diesel, Making Memories, American Crafts
Embellishments: SEI and American Crafts