half of my vacation is gone.
I know they’re supposed to be the lazy days of summer, but if they’re so lazy why do they fly by so darn fast?
I’ll admit there have been a few moments (ok, hours) of laziness, but I am still attacking my to do list and making some progress. Here’s a quick update, after all the best thing about making a list is being able to cross things off, right?
- Call Comcast and figure out why they’re not playing nice w/my TiVo I decided before I make the call I would re-cable the whole system and see if that worked and voila it did — added bonus: my cables are in a smaller heap than before and who knew I had an extra co-ax cable thrown in just for fun.
- Clean porch — dump broken dog kennel So nice to stretch out the lawn chair and read.
- Paint dining room table well 95% done, it’s now a lovely creamy white I just need to turn it upside down at some point and get the bottoms of the legs.
- Paint side table I rescued from the dumpster $6 of spray paint never looked so good.
- Clean fridge…this is today’s project
- Clean car
- Purge master closet (still a little nervous of the pack of wild old sweaters than have been allowed to roam free for years.)
- Hang new curtains
- Make new pillows…haven’t started but in the Jessica Sprague class we downloaded this cool set of vintage camera brushes and I’m oh so tempted to get some printable fabric and make a pillow or two with the prints.
- Change light bulbs
- Send maintenance requests for all the little things
- Wash windows
- Finish doily project
- Scrap everyday — so far so good.
- Blog more…well more is a relative term, right?
Not that it was on the list but I’ve also finished four books (cheesy romances all) and gone on a number of shopping excursions…and got my first serious sunburn of the season. PSA…do not attempt to chat with funny people and apply sunscreen at the same time, you may miss a few important spots.
Speaking of scrapping everyday…here’s one of my recent layouts. I was ready to share last week when I suddenly realized I misspelled Mountain…whoops. Clearly I still had a doily hangover and the need to layer, layer, layer was in full effect.