except when it’s not…
Sympathy cards are just about my least favorite thing to create, I always think I should make them ahead of time so I can be ready, but it just doesn’t happen. Sadly a couple of people in my life lost people they love last week, so it was time…
I made a couple versions of this card
For info on how to make this butterfly, check out this post – yep this little guys has been hanging around my desk for almost two years. I’m glad he’s on his way to a new home.
After a couple of sad cards, I felt myself needing a little cheer. I had some happy scraps from Simple Stories laying around my desk so I decided to make a happy little card.
So now I have a desk full of beautiful stamped butterflies (see yesterday’s post if you don’t already know how they got there) but my mojo is tapped so I once again turn to Jennifer and start lifting her card design from the video.
Before long I had a set of my own — good thing I had some cuttlebug embossing folders on hand — no doubt from a previous purchase made after a McGuire video/blog post
and a close up of each since I can’t pick my favorite
It’s a little hard to tell in these photos, but these butterflies also have a touch of glitter to make them extra sparkly
last but not least…
I made 6 of these and still have more butterflies to play with, where will they land next?
sometimes in life, it’s the little things that add up to happiness like…
a good hair day
library fines forgiven
scrappy supplies in the mail
discovering a great new song
hearing an old great song and remembering how much you love it
a happy dog who cheerfully greets you
friendly emergency vets that charge visit fees when you take your garbage dog in because he won’t stop gagging until you get to the vet and then he’s miraculously fine
finishing a layout like this one and thinking ‘hey, that turned out pretty cool‘…
Since I did two weeks of DYL together I’m not sure if this sketch is from week 5 or 6, I suppose it doesn’t really matter since I love it so much. A bonus I finally found something to use the doily rub-ons I’ve been hoarding for months.
It’s been great viewing blogs over the past week and seeing what folks have chosen for their Top 10 lists. I can’t resist joining in on the fun. Picking 10 was a little tricky, I scrapped more than I thought I did.
1. Belly…Loved so many of Cosmo’s line this year, this one features Early Bird, it think it was my favorite. These goodies came from my first Studio Calico kit.
2. Chatterbug. A major accomplishment to learn the key skills needed for decent digi work
3. Horsie Hunt…the photo still makes me smile month later.
4. She…I think this layout started my obsession with tiny alphas, it’s still going strong.
5. Laugh…another photo that I could scrap over and over and probably be happy with every one, love the aqua and orange combo, it was a new one for me.
6. Ode to Eggnog, I know you just saw this one, but I really, really love it.
7. You…I think this layout began fueled my love for mists and text paper.
8. Everlasting Love…timed with the newspaper story about my grandparents
9. Explore…mists, crepe paper, scallops = love
10. This girl…another set of photos that make me smileThanks for walking down memory lane…
and from the ‘wipe my memory please’ the 2009 Denver Broncos…if they would have been bad from the start it would have been ok, but to have another crash and burn season was plain painful.